Talk to us now
ABOUT MATT – MEDICAL AND TECHNICAL TRANSLATIONS
The cost-effective specialist translation provider
We are a professional B2B translation provider in the field of natural and applied sciences. That’s to say specialist translations for the engineering, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, scientific, technical, medical, chemical, automotive, IT/software, agricultural, renewable energy and manufacturing industries.
Whether you want to market a product or service, make something more accessible, protect your investment or intellectual property, or conform to legal requirements, we can help.
Our multilingual translation solutions include medical and industrial equipment instructions, software GUI strings, material safety data sheets (MSDS), patents, publications, websites, training courses, academic textbooks and much more.
We also offer 34 different languages, most commonly Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish languages, but we also work in all of the world’s leading business and technical languages. Chances are that whatever languages you need, we can help.
Why we’re different
First and foremost, we offer high quality technical translations – to BS EN-15038 European Quality Standard for Translation Service Providers and beyond.
In practice, that means each piece of work we receive is preserved and taken care of to the fullest possible extent. The intended importance, value and meaning are all kept in mind with every word that is translated. The end product is text that has been fully understood and its original style, tone are maintained.
It’s tempting for other translation providers to try and save costs or time by:
- Trusting any translator prepared to offer low rates or fast turnaround. But are they any good? Are they giving your text the time and attention it deserves? Has it been done by someone who understands your business sector? How can you tell the translation is high quality if you don’t speak the target language?
- Outsourcing translations for low costs to other countries, such as those in Asia. But what about the quality of what you get back?
- Splitting large documents between several translators to save time or money. But each translator has their own style – how can the end document possibly read well?
- Skipping briefing, checking or quality control steps during the process. However, even small mistakes can have big consequences with specialist translations.
- Forcing down rates for translators who use translation memory tools. These tools may be good in terms of quality, but they don’t necessarily reduce the translation time needed.
The effect on your brand and reputation of poor quality work can be catastrophic – cheap translations can prove to be very expensive!
How we meet your needs
- At MATT, we only use seasoned professional translators, whether it’s for Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish or any other language, and we pay them well.
- Our unique translation memory system ensures you never pay for the same sentence twice, as we check both current and earlier documents for similarities. This also means that the more projects you give us, the higher the potential savings.
- We don’t require our translators to use any particular translation tool or translation method. This gives us access to a wider pool of professional translators.
- We ensure each translator is knowledgeable in the appropriate culture and sector (pharmaceutical, engineering, chemical and so on) with excellent translating, research and technical skills. Every translation is then checked by someone else, also experienced in the same sector.
- Wherever possible, each document has only one translator, however long it might be. This ensures clarity and consistency.
- We also have a proper translation project management system and a rigorous translation quality assurance system throughout.
The result is specialist translations that won’t be the cheapest or the quickest you can find – but ones which offer exceptional quality and, in the long-term, do far more for your bottom line, your reputation and your success.
Documents for translation often contain copyrighted information that must be protected against early release or distribution to unauthorised parties. We take our commitment to client confidentiality and security very seriously and therefore have detailed policies designed to protect the confidentiality of every translation project.
All our translators are obliged to observe our strict confidentiality requirements. The non-disclosure and confidentiality obligation is a special condition and a key principle of our work.
Want to know more about Medical and Technical Translations?
If you want to find out more about our specialist translations and what we can do to help your business, please contact us and we’ll walk you through our translation workflow process or multilingual translation solutions.